1. Tell me why I should pay my tithes and offering, and what if I don't
have a church home, where should the tithes go?
A First, simply because it's a command from God (obedience). Your tithes
and offerings should go to supporting the gospel of Jesus Christ and
helping those in need or to a minister who is already performing these
duties; And yes, everyone should pay tithes (Hebrews 7:9).
* Matthew 23:23, Numbers 18:25-26, Hebrews 7:4-5, Deuteronomy 26:12-13,
2. How am I blessed because of this?
A God has promised to open up the windows of heaven and pour you out a
blessing because of your obedience; And God does not lie. Prove Him (test
* Malachi 3:10.
3. How often should I pay my tithes?
A You should pay your tithes whenever you receive income or prosper.
* Matthew 23:23.
4. Suppose I don't have enough money after I pay my bills, then what do I
A Your first and most important debt/bill is to God and actually came
before all the rest. You always have enough money to tithe, because
tithing is a tenth of your income, it's your other interest that you may
show up short on.
* Malachi 3:8.
5. How much offering should I put in the plate?
A An offering or gift is just an addition to your tithe of whatever amount
you decide. God not only gives you what you want, but much more. He
expects us to have that same loving character.
* Malachi 3:8 & 10.
6. Is It wrong to put my offering aside when I get paid and give only what
I put aside?
A Yes. Tithes come first along with offerings, though your offerings can
be of any amount.
* Malachi 3:8, Matthew 23:23.
7. Should churches give a set price for giving offerings? After all they
say free, but they have all these money lines you have to stand in. Is it
okay to do that?
A No! An offering is a "gift" from you to God (a token of a cheerful
giver). The amount doesn't matter. Let me emphasize; The amount doesn't
matter. Behold, you will be blessed because you can never out give God.
With that remember that it's not the same as a tithe. A tithe is a tenth
of your income along with your offering.
* Matthew 4:10
** God's purpose in this is to support His
ministers. His minister's (also tithers themselves) duties are to keep,
teach, exhort, edify, proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ and help
* Ecclesiastes 12:13